Epilepsy is a neurological disorder that causes seizures. A seizure occurs when neurons in the brain fire abnormally, leading to unpredictable behavior, sensations, emotions, and sometimes loss of consciousness. A person with epilepsy may have one or more seizures at some point in their life.
Seizures are scary for both the patient and their loved ones. They can be unpredictable, cause injury or damage to property, and even endanger lives in rare circumstances. Seizures are also uncomfortable – they make people feel confused or tired after an attack, making it hard to function during everyday life.
There are many different types of seizures, but most can be controlled with medication. However, a small number of people don’t respond to the medications currently available. CBD oils may offer hope for more effective treatment for these patients – and for those whose seizures cannot be well-controlled by medicine alone.
This article will explore the most popular brands of CBD oil products designed for controlling seizures and epilepsy. We’ll also cover important information about their ingredients, effectiveness, and safety concerns.
Our goal with this post is to help you make an educated decision when choosing the best CBD oil for seizures. Let’s get started!
CBD Oils: The Best Brands in 2022?
There are many brands of CBD oils on the market that claim to help control seizures and epilepsy. When deciding which CBD oil is best for your condition, there are a few things you should know about their ingredients, effectiveness, potential side effects, and safety concerns.
Royal CBD is an American company based in California that sells quality CBD products. They have a wide variety of products from tinctures to gummies, capsules, and CBD for pets.
The hemp extract is drawn from organic hemp and contains no additives.
The CBD oil is drawn out of the plant using CO² extraction to ensure that it’s pure and potent.
- Their oils are organic and made with pesticide-free plants grown on farms in Colorado.
- CBD oil is 100% pure cannabidiol (CBD) and is tested in a lab to ensure its purity.
- Uses premium MCT oil as a carrier oil, while some other brands use olive or hemp seed oils.
- 4 concentrations of CBD oil are available, 250 mg, 500 mg, 1000 mg, and 2500 mg.
- Their oils are slightly more expensive than most CBD products out there but are still reasonably priced.
- Vape oils are not available yet.
Gold Bee sources its hemp from farms in Kentucky, California, and Colorado.
They are GMP certified and follow the FDA’s stringent guidelines for manufacturing CBD products for human consumption.
Their oil contains full-spectrum phytonutrients from the plant for maximum absorption of cannabinoids into your system. Their concentration levels are 1400 mg and 2400 mg.
Gold Bee provides a 100% money-back guarantee if you don’t like it or experience any adverse reactions to their product.
- Comes in MCT oil or olive oil base.
- Has two strong concentrations, from 1200 mg to 2400 mg per bottle.
- The hemp oil extraction process ensures a pure and potent product.
- CBD oil is not available in the store.
Read more: Top CBD Oil Products for ADHD Reviewed
CBDistillery is a Colorado-based company that uses CO² extraction. They sell CBD products for pets, oral sprays, and vaping oils in addition to the traditional tinctures.
Their oil contains no additives or pesticides. Their CBD concentrations are: 100 mg/ml, 300mg/ml, 500mg/ml, and 1000mg/ml.
- Their CBD oils are CO² extracted and tested in a lab to ensure their purity.
- They sell vape oil for those who need it (and can’t smoke regular CBD). They also have oral spray options, which is great if you don’t like taking drops or capsules.
- The company has a wide range of CBD products to select from.
- Their prices are slightly higher than most other brands, but they offer bulk options for those who need larger quantities.
- CBDistillery also offers discounts on their oils if you buy multiple bottles at once (which can be great for parents with more than one child suffering from epilepsy).
CBDPure uses CO² extraction to ensure that its CBD oil is pure and potent.
They offer concentrations of 300 mg, 600mg, 1000 mg in addition to topical balms for muscle pain relief.
- Their oils are organic with zero additives or pesticides used during the growing process.
- The company has a team of proficient pharmacists that help to ensure the correct dosages are used in each product.
- Their oils have a hemp seed oil base, which some people prefer not to use because it doesn’t absorb CBD as well.
- They only offer one concentration level for their products (1000mg/ml), with no options lower or higher than this amount.
Hemp Bombs is a well-known brand that’s been in the CBD industry for years. They offer a range of products including, but not limited to: capsules, vape oils, gummies, and topical balms to relieve muscle pain.
They have three concentrations available on their website (1500mg/ml, 3000mg/ml, 6000mg/ml).
- Their products are third-party tested to ensure purity and potency. They contain no additives or pesticides, only organic hemp oil extract. The company offers a wide range of CBD products for both humans and pets at reasonable prices.
- They have excellent customer support that’s available 24 hours per day to answer any questions you may have.
- They offer a higher concentration level for those who need higher doses of the supplement (up to 5000mg in a bottle).
- Their oils are hemp seed oil-based, which some people dislike because it doesn’t absorb CBD as well.
- Their prices vary depending on where they’re purchased from and what brand is used, which can be confusing for customers.
Understanding What Is CBD Oil
CBD oil is a type of hemp oil, which comes from the cannabis plant. It’s made by extracting the natural oils from industrial hemp plants and then diluting them with a carrier oil like coconut or olive oil. CBD can be taken orally, used topically on your skin, inhaled as vapor through an e-cigarette or vaped pen, put into capsules that you swallow whole, applied to sore joints and muscles via massage, mixed into drinks such as tea or coffee for consumption – it’s even possible to add it to food!
CBD is non-psychoactive and has been shown in studies to help relieve symptoms of severe childhood epilepsy. In fact, one study showed that children who were given CBD experienced 75% fewer seizures.
There are many reasons why you should consider using CBD oil for seizures. First, it is one of the best ways to get relief from seizures quickly. Second, there are no side effects associated with taking CBD oil. Third, there are many high-quality brands of CBD oil available on the market today that provide a full spectrum of cannabinoids and other beneficial oils like terpenes and flavonoids.
Related article: For How Long Does Cannabidiol (CBD) Last in Your System?
What Are The Benefits Of Choosing CBD Oil For Epilepsy?
When people are experiencing seizures, they are in a state of emergency. CBD oil can stop these seizures quickly, providing relief to those who are suffering from their effects at the same time.
This is important because seizures may lead to death if not brought to an end quickly. There are no side effects associated with taking CBD oil, so it’s safe for anyone who is suffering from epilepsy to use it as often as necessary.
Another benefit of CBD oil is that it can help to control seizures for those who do not respond well to other medications. Those taking prescription drugs will see a decrease in the amount of medicine they need as a result of their treatment with CBD, which means healthier and happier lives overall.
The fact that it’s a natural, organic substance means that many people who have turned to alternative medicine in the past for medical issues are now looking into CBD oil as a viable option. This is because there aren’t any artificial chemicals or toxic substances involved with its production and use.
Many consumers also report having more energy after they’ve been using CBD oil for seizures, which is another reason why it’s an attractive alternative to taking prescription drugs.
Read more: Can You Add Flavor to CBD Oil?
CBD Oils vs. Medical Marijuana
First of all – what’s the difference between medical marijuana (medical cannabis) used as a treatment for seizures and CBD oils?
Epilepsy is a neurological disorder that causes seizures. A seizure occurs when neurons in the brain fire abnormally, leading to unpredictable behavior, sensations, emotions, and sometimes loss of consciousness. According to WebMD, epilepsy affects about 50 million people worldwide.
In some cases – especially those resistant to other treatments – medical marijuana (medical cannabis) is an effective treatment for epilepsy.
However, the way medical marijuana works to treat seizures and epilepsy isn’t well understood. Also, not all forms of CBD oils are safe or reliable as epilepsy treatments, so it’s important that you research your options carefully before trying any kind of alternative medicine.
CBD Oil: Proper Use And Dosage
CBD oil should be used as a natural supplement to make changes within your body. The use of CBD oil has only been studied for a limited amount of time and one can’t always know if it will work for them or not.
You may also want to speak with your doctor or another medical professional before using CBD oil or any other kind of supplement that you’re considering putting into your body.
If you want to use this natural supplement and see if it is the right one for your needs, we recommend that you speak with a medical professional before using CBD oil.
CBD Oil: Proper Dosage For Kids
Even though the use of CBD oil isn’t recommended for kids, some parents may want to try it out.
There are a few things that you should keep in mind when using CBD oil on your child. You will also need to speak with their pediatrician before giving them any type of supplement or medicine. The proper dosage is another thing that you will want to keep in mind.
A lot of times, kids need a smaller dosage to see the benefits of using CBD oil. The information provided above about proper dosages can be applied when it comes to children as well.
CBD Oil: Proper Dosage For Adults
If you’re an adult and want to use CBD oil, make sure that you follow all of the instructions on how much to take. The proper dosage for any type of supplement is always different from person to person because we are not all built-in exactly the same way.
Before taking CBD oil as a natural supplement or using it as medication, you will want to speak with your doctor or another medical professional.
The information provided above about the proper dosage is only general advice and may not apply to everyone, so it’s best if you speak with someone who knows more than us before using CBD oil yourself.
Read more: How to Make CBD Coffee
CBD Oil For Seizures & Epilepsy: The Final Thoughts
CBD oils have been used as a natural supplement to make changes within the body. It is important that you speak with your doctor or another medical professional before taking CBD oil because it has only been studied for a limited amount of time and one can’t always know if it will work for them or not.
Do your own research to find the finest CBD oil brands to aid with seizures and epilepsy. When you locate positive web reviews for a brand, you’ll know it’s of good quality. Apart from having the highest quality CBD oil, Royal CBD is the best brand we’ve found that has a big amount of favorable reviews from people who have used their products.
If you are considering trying out CBD oils yourself, we recommend speaking with someone who knows more about the product first in order to get an accurate idea of what kind of experience you should expect from its use.