There are many ways to consume CBD. It can be mixed into food or drink, ingested as a pill, vaped through an e-cig, rubbed on the skin, and much more.
However, when it comes to CBD oil, some people hesitate to try it because of the way it tastes. In this blog post, we’ll explore the different flavors of CBD oil so that consumers know what they’re getting before they buy it.
What is the Natural Taste of CBD Oil?
Natural CBD oil has an earthy, grassy, nutty and sometimes bitter flavor that some people enjoy and others find unpalatable. The taste sometimes varies, and this will depend on the CBD company. Some oils have a more potent flavor than others so it’s important to find one that suits your palate.
Learn more: Top CBD Oil Brands for ADHD
How Do You Taste a Drop of Oil?
CBD oil is tasteless if consumed in small amounts but the taste becomes more pronounced when you consume larger quantities. If you have a bottle of CBD oil that is flavored, it can be difficult to tell how strong the flavor will be until you try it out for yourself.
How Do I Get Past the Bad Taste?
The best way to avoid having an unpleasant experience when tasting CBD oil is to choose an unflavored brand. However, if you have a flavored variety of the product it’s important not to let your initial thoughts about the taste deter you from giving it a second chance.
It may take time to become accustomed to the taste of CBD oil, but the potential health benefits are worth it. With that in mind, let’s move on to some tips for how you can enjoy the taste of CBD oil or at least mask some of its
Making Your CBD Oil Taste a Bit Better
There are a few ways to make CBD oil taste more pleasant. You can:
- Add it to your favorite drink such as coffee or tea. This is a good way to enjoy the health effects of CBD oil without having to taste it.
- Combine it with another oil such as coconut oil. This will help mask the earthy flavor and make it more palatable.
If you can’t tolerate sublingual or oral CBD oil, then you can try other forms of CBD.
- Pill or capsule form — If you don’t like the idea of tasting CBD oil, this may be your best option.
- Smoke or vape it — This is a great way to get CBD oil into your system quickly.
- Dab it on topically using CBD salves, lotions, and other products — If you want localized CBD effects for joint pain or muscle aches, then you can use topical CBD products.
- Use an e-cig with CBD oil — This is a great way to consume CBD oil if you want fast-acting CBD effects.
What are Terpenes?
Terpenes are a type of compound that is found in cannabis and other plants. They are responsible for the flavor and scent of the plant, and they have been shown to have various health benefits as well.
Some brands add terpenes to their CBD oil products to enhance the flavor profile. If you’re interested in trying CBD oil with added terpenes, be sure to do your research so that you know what you’re getting.
What are the Effects of Terpenes?
Terpenes can have various effects on the body and mind. Some terpenes are known to be relaxing, while others are more energizing. It’s important to do your research before you try a CBD oil product that has terpenes added to it so that you know what to expect.
Benefits of CBD Oil with Terpenes
There are some benefits to be had when consuming CBD oil with terpenes. Some of the potential benefits include:
- Enhanced flavor profile — Adding terpenes will enhance the flavor of CBD products. It can add some sweet, floral, spicy, minty, or herbal flavors.
- Reduced anxiety — Some terpenes have also been shown to reduce anxiety and stress levels.
- Improved sleep — Terpenes like linalool and myrcene are known for their ability to improve sleep quality.
CBD oil with terpenes offers many health benefits since terpenes boost the effects of CBD. Be sure to do your research so that you know what you’re getting when you choose a product that has this ingredient added to it.
Learn more: CBD Oil Brands for Weight Loss
How Do I Choose a CBD Oil Product?
If you’ve been thinking about trying out CBD oil, you have to consider many factors before reaching a more informed decision. Some of the things you’ll want to think about include:
- What is CBD oil made from?
- How is it extracted?
- What are the dosage recommendations?
- Is it THC-free?
- Are there any additives or preservatives in it?
- Does it have a flavor I like?
- What are the potential side effects?
- Are there any other potential health benefits and side effects that I should know about?
You may have some questions when you first start looking into CBD oil. Don’t be afraid to ask the manufacturer of a product if you’re unsure whether it’s right for your needs or not. If they don’t seem like they care about answering your inquiries, then consider shopping elsewhere and using a different brand.
Learn more: Should CBD Oil Be Refrigerated?
Possible Adverse Effects of Taking CBD Oil
CBD oil is generally safe when taken in recommended doses. However, some side effects can occur if you take too much CBD at once or don’t follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for use:
- Drowsiness — Taking a large dose may cause drowsiness and make it difficult for you to operate heavy machinery or drive a car. Don’t drive or operate machinery until you know how it affects you personally.
- Dry mouth or cotton mouth — CBD decreases the production of saliva, so taking CBD can make your mouth feel drier than normal,
If these side effects persist or become bothersome, you may decrease your regular CBD dose, Discontinue use and speak to a healthcare professional if the side effects persist.
CBD oil has a natural flavor that some people enjoy and others find unpalatable. The taste can vary, and this will depend on the brand as well as the added ingredients used in the products like flavorings. When choosing a CBD oil, it’s important to do your research before you buy.